Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Project Manager.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Project Manager, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Project Manager who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"The fact that it has never been done before, makes it extra special."
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
About the position of Project Manager
What to expect of the 'Project Manager' position within Huisman? We offer of a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. You will be involved in all phases of the project, from the kick-off meeting to delivery to the client and our Service organisation. The projects at Huisman are large and complex and may represent a value of over fifty million euros. The scope of the projects concerns engineering, procurement and construction (EPC). To this aim, you will manage quality, planning, budget, and client relationships. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Project Manager within Huisman you are responsible for phased and structured project management of our large and complex multidisciplinary projects (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and control engineering).
This means that you are responsible for:
- Management of planning, budget, quality and client relations;
- Being first point of contact for the client at all levels and for the entire project;
- Organising risk management sessions to manage (security) risks and identify opportunities to ensure timely, correct project deliverables;
- Timely provision of information about quality, scope, time, budget and client satisfaction to all stakeholders;
- Monitoring project progress and ensuring that the team works according to the schedule and the authorisation matrix.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Able to work under multiple deadlines at once;
- A team player;
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and convincing;
- Result and client-oriented.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing EPC projects within the heavy machinery, shipbuilding or offshore sectors;
- Knowledge of modern project management methods, tools and techniques, production techniques and technical drawings;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Universal Quick Connector we produced for Jan De Nul. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Project Manager by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.