- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Are you the Welding Supervisor who is ’equipped for impact’?
Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? And do you have what it takes to make an impact? We are looking for a Welding Supervisor with a Bachelor’s degree, preferable in Mechanical Engineering, a PCN Visual Inspection Level 2, International Welding Technician (IWE) degree, knowledge of all discipline standards, experience with supervising multi-national teams and some experience with Chinese culture. A pre would be if you have a minimum of 5-year experience within the heavy machinery, shipbuilding or offshore industries, a practical disposition and a good command of the English language. Can you tick these boxes? Please, keep reading.
First, let us briefly introduce ourselves.
Pleased to meet you, we are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of our Q7000 Well Intervention System and our automated drilling grips. So, if you join Huisman, make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and … yourself!
"We value flexibility and initiative. Don’t be afraid of experimenting. If you work on new ideas, they will become real."
Korneel van der Meer, Product Manager
We ask a lot of you. However, we also have a lot to offer.
A challenging position in which you can stretch your horizon within a vibrant and international operating organisation, with opportunities for personal development and growth. You are part of a dynamic and professional company where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turn-key products to our clients. In addition to our inspiring atmosphere. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We offer you a very attractive expat package with various allowances on top of the basic salary. Huisman also pays for accommodation, health insurance (for your family) and school fees for your children.
What will you be doing working as Welding Supervisor for Huisman?
Supervising and directing Welding Foremen and Welders performing welding on all High and Extra High Strength structures of both carbon steel and non- Ferrous materials for offshore and land based installations.
As Welding Supervisor you are responsible for:
- Discussing the work with production management, head of welding department, colleague;
- Supervisors and quality control coordinators;
- Preparing and distributing the scopes of work and giving instructions to employees;
- Implement and monitoring progress of work and monitor compliance with safety, health, environmental and other operating conditions;
- Actively participate in Risk Assessments, JSA (Job safety analyses), and WPA (work place assessment);
- Provide and share knowledge and experience to solve problems arising during production and in determining welding sequence, welding direction and the like to prevent stresses and strains resulting in deformations;
- Supervising visual welding inspections performed by welding foremen on finished welds and assemblies in workshops and final inspections after blasting;
- Following the production planning and production sequence according to production plan;
- Steering, motivating and coaching the employees within the teams, in accordance with Huisman’s internal standards, with the goal to achieve the project-specific objectives.
Wondering if you are equipped for impact? Ideally you are:
- Able to enjoy working with multiple deadlines at the same time;
- A team player;
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and Persuasiveness;
- Result and client orientated.
To conclude, some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing
Still with us? Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Welding Supervisor by scrolling down and apply there.
We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.