- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Are you the Quality Manager who is ’equipped for impact’?
Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? And do you have what it takes to make an impact? We are looking for a Quality Manager with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferable in Mechanical Engineering, work experience in an heavy equipment manufacturer or for example overall quality responsible in a construction project? Do you have a good link between theory and practical knowledge, and some experience with Chinese culture? A pre would be if you have a minimum 10 years of professional experience in Quality fields, of which 5 years supervisory/leadership experience as department head. A practical disposition and a good command of the English language. Can you tick these boxes? Please, keep reading.
First, let us briefly introduce ourselves
Pleased to meet you, we are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of our Q7000 Well Intervention System and our automated drilling grips. So, if you join Huisman, make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and … yourself!
“Being innovative also means giving people time and space to experiment.”
Cees van Veluw, Product Manager Cranes
What to expect working as Quality Manager for Huisman?
A challenging position in which you can stretch your horizon within a vibrant and international operating organisation, with opportunities for personal development and growth. You are part of a dynamic and professional company where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turn-key products to our clients. In addition to our inspiring atmosphere. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We offer you a very attractive expat package with various allowances on top of the basic salary. Huisman also pays for accommodation, health insurance (for your family) and school fees for your children.
We ask a lot of you. However, we also have a lot to offer.
You will be guiding quality activities to ensure compliance against project requirements, policy and QMS, within project(s) and organization. Your objective is to motivate organization awareness of Huisman (quality) values and facilitating continue improvement on quality performance & customer satisfaction; As Quality Manager you are responsible for:
- Overall operation of the Quality department in Huisman China;
- Correct execution of project quality plan(s), accountable to respond to (quality) demands or concerns from client/class;
- Promote and stimulate the awareness of everyone on the premises, concerning their responsibility for quality, safety, health and environment;
- Manage department plan PDCA cycle to support realisation of our company (Quality) objectives;
- Ensure that responsibility matrix is organised properly, staffed, skilled and complies with our quality organisation;
- Develop, implement and coordinate quality related process/instructions (QA, QC, DC), and to ensure the implementation within company QMS;
- Implement and monitor compliance with safety, health, environmental and other operating conditions;
- Identify any problems and propose possible solutions;
- Initiate of project QA/QC plan & procedures and discuss with project organisation and client for alignment according to project expectations;
- Organise resources necessary for the project;
- Oversee quality control activities among projects to ensuring appropriate level of compliance and customer satisfaction;
- Technical coaching & guidance towards the project team (project QC) on project quality compliance and quality risk control in order to deliver quality with reasonable practice;
- Link internal disciplines (procurement, fabrication etc.) & external stakeholders (client/class), with regards to critical quality issues;
- Review and support tenders related to QC requirements and determine expected costs; Initiate activities, plans and procedures to improve the efficiency of the QC department;
- Manage HCN Testing Laboratory, delivering an up to date reliable and qualified testing service system.
Wondering if you are equipped for impact?
Ideally you are:
- Able to enjoy working with multiple deadlines at the same time;
A strong leader;
- You set a benchmark for the Quality discipline;
- An Independent worker and a self-motivator; Flexible and creative; Proactive and Persuasiveness;
- Result and client orientated.
To conclude, some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands and or China;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing (Mandarin is a pre;
- Relevant QC certificates.
Still with us? Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Qa Manager by scrolling down and apply there.
We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.