Are you the Master or Bachelor student who does not shy away from challenges and has a passion for technology? Do you always seize opportunities and like to take on responsibility? Want to work closely with a team of brilliant Engineers? Please keep reading.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Technical Management student, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Technical Management student who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"We love creating something that doesn’t exist yet. And if it does, I know we can make it even better."
Jeroen Bos, Mechanical Engineer
About the position of Technical Management student
What to expect of the Work student position within Huisman?
Expect a challenging position in an international organisation. Our mutual goal is to create safe, clever, and innovative solutions with a high quality standard. You have the opportunity to develop innovative technologies and contribute to exciting renewable projects. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turnkey products to our clients. As Work Student, you will support the Engineering department by reorganising our intranet. You will help develop an intranet site that facilitates designing and developing and improves project performance. With the right skills and attitude, there is a possibility to extend the assignment, analysing our existing processes and looking for opportunities for improvement.
What you will be doing:
- Cleaning up data;
- Reorganising the data and processes on our intranet;
- Wherever possible, improving the engineering processes. This includes solving reccurring issues and flaws in the processes, closing gaps and proposing new processes that can help us to work better and smarter.
What do we expect of you?
We are looking for students with guts; someone who has their own ideas and who likes to take the initiative. Someone who do not shy away from challenges and who has a passion for technology. We are looking for students with energy and enthusiasm – bright minds.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- A Master or Bachelor student, (preferably in Technical Management and policy-, or the master Management of Technology);
- Flexible and practical;
- Someone who knows how to prioritise and adapt quickly to new requirements;
- Keen to find insights;
- An active listener; down-to-earth;
- Proactive and curious about other people’s work;
- Preferably living close by our office in Schiedam;
- Available for a minimum 1 or 2 days a week;
- Self-motivated; able to work independently.
- Experienced in SharePoint.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language orally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider our recently developed gravity based grid stabilisation system. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Technical Management student by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.