- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Werkstudent Technische Bedrijfskunde
Are you a Technical Management student who is 'equipped for impact'?
Are you the Master or Bachelor student who does not shy away from challenges and has a passion for technology? Do you always seize opportunities and like to take on responsibility? Want to work closely with a team of brilliant Engineers? Please keep reading.
First, let us briefly introduce ourselves
Pleased to meet you, we are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. We design and produce in-house and deliver our turnkey products to our clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions.
Examples? What to think of our recently developed gravity based grid stabilisation system?
“We love creating something that doesn’t exist yet. And if it does, I know we can make it even better.”
Jeroen Bos, Mechanical Engineer
We ask a lot of you; however, we also have a lot to offer.
Expect a challenging position in an international organisation. Our mutual goal is to create safe, clever, and innovative solutions with a high quality standard. You have the opportunity to develop innovative technologies and for instance contribute to exciting renewable projects. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turnkey products to our clients. As Work Student, You will support the Engineering department by reorganising our intranet. You help develop an intranet site that facilitates designing and developing and improves project performance. With the right skills and attitude, is a possibility to extend the assignment by analysing our existing processes and look for opportunities for improvement.
What you will be doing:
- Cleaning up data;
- Reorganising the data and processes on our intranet;
- Wherever possible, improve the engineering processes. This includes solving reoccurring issues and flaws in the process, closing gaps and proposing new processes that can help us to work better and smarter;
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'? Ideally, you are:
- A Master or Bachelor student, (preferably in Technical Management and policy-, or the master Management of Technology);
- Flexible and practical;
- Someone who knows how to prioritise and adapt quickly to new requirements;
- Keen to find insights;
- An active listener; down to earth;
- Proactive and curious about other people’s work;
- Preferably living close by our office in Schiedam;
- Available for a minimum 1 or 2 days a week;
- Proficient in the English and Dutch language;
- Experienced in SharePoint;
- Self-motivated; able to work independently.
To conclude, some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
Still with us? Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Work Student by scrolling down and apply there. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more information or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information about the position. Or explore other career opportunities at this website www.werkenbijhuisman.com or stay informed through our job alert.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.