- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Are you the Procurement Manager who is ’equipped for impact’?
Location: Xiamen, China (HCN)
Do you have the ambition to work for Huisman in China? Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? And do you have what it takes to make an impact? We are looking for a Procurement Manager with a relevant technical Bachelor’s or Master’s degree for our Huisman Location Xiamen. Do you have a good link between theory and practical knowledge, and experience with Chinese culture? A pre would be if you have a minimum 5 years of professional experience in Procurement, in a supervisory/leadership role as department head. Can you tick these boxes? Please, keep reading, this might be a great opportunity for you!
First, let us briefly introduce ourselves.
Pleased to meet you, we are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of our Q7000 Well Intervention System and our automated drilling grips. So, if you join Huisman, make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise our clients, yourself and … us!
“We love creating something that doesn’t exist yet. And if it does, I know we can make it even better.”
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
We ask a lot of you. However, we also have a lot to offer.
A challenging position in which you can stretch your horizon within a vibrant and international operating organisation, with opportunities for personal development and growth. You are part of a dynamic and professional company where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turn-key products to our clients. In addition to our inspiring atmosphere. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We offer you a very attractive package with various allowances on top of the basic salary when working locally in China.
What will you be doing working as a Procurement Manager for Huisman?
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the Procurement Department and for further upgrading the efficiency of the procurement processes. Huisman has set itself the target of optimising a number of processes such as purchasing advantage, supplier relations and security of supply. The procurement manager will set up the procurement strategy in close liaison with Management. You will also be responsible for the tactical and operational implementation of this strategy.
Your duties will include:
- Creating a support base for the Procurement Department and procurement processes within the organisation
- Achieving synergy with the logistics and planning departments
- Drawing up, executing and monitoring procurement policy
- Mapping out the structure of the Procurement Department
- Motivating and effectively managing staff at the Procurement Department
- Generating and securing growth of procurement to a strategic and tactical level
Wondering if you are equipped for impact? Ideally you are:
- You have a demonstrable affinity with technology and steel. You have a strategic outlook as well as being enterprising and a bridge builder.
- Able to work with multiple deadlines at the same time;
- You show ownership and you are pro-active;
- Result and client orientated;
- Ideally experienced with the Chinese culture.
To conclude, some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands and or China;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing (Mandarin is a pre);
- Relevant NEVI certificates;
Still with us? Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Procurement Manager by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information about the position or explore other career opportunities at www.huismanequipment.com/ careers.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.