Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Technical Documentation Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Technical Documentation Engineer, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Technical Documentation Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"Our impact? Always coming up with innovative solutions."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Technical Documentation Engineer
What to expect of the 'Technical Documentation Engineer' position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. Next to designing the equipment ourselves, we also have the key abilities to build, install, commission and service it for the years to come. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Technical Document Engineer you will be working together with the Engineering and Commissioning departments to write the testing procedures. Moreover, you will gather relevant technical information about the equipment to write the operations and maintenance manuals that ensure lifetime operability of the equipment (in general more than 20 years). Within this position, you will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and will be expected to gather relevant technical information about the equipment, as well as to keep track of all project milestones.
As a Technical Documentation Engineer you are responsible for:
- Developing the General System Requirements of the equipment;
- Delivering procedures for commissioning of the equipment, as well as procedures for the acceptance of client and classification society;
- Delivering manuals to assist the client in the correct operations and maintenance of Huisman equipment;
- Peer-reviewing the documentation of other Technical Document Engineers.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Proactive and persuasive;
- A Bachelor's/HBO degree in a technical area;
- A good command of the English language in both written and oral form;
- Experience in writing technical reports. This is a pro, not a must.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language orally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Universal Quick Connector we produced for Jan De Nul. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Technical Documentation Engineer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.