- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Field Service Engineer, Rotterdam, Nederland
Are you the Service Engineer who is ‘equipped for impact’?
Working as a Service Engineer at Huisman means you will be responsible for helping our clients using and maintaining our equipment. As a service engineer you will perform services, fault finding, commissioning and testing of the biggest offshore equipment in the world. In this role you are the ambassador of our company with a team of engineering experts behind you to help you beat any technical challenge you may encounter.
First, let us briefly introduce ourselves.
Pleased to meet you, we are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to our clients worldwide. Clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of our HM100 Drilling Rig, used to drill Geothermal wells. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and … yourself!
“Our cranes are custom-made, adjusted to the field of activity of our clients.”
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
We ask a lot of you. However, we also have a lot to offer.
Expect a challenging position in an international organisation. You are part of a dynamic and professional company where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. In addition to our inspiring atmosphere, we offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. And let’s not forget excellent company perks, like regular drinks in our very own bar.
What will you be doing working as a Service Engineer for Huisman?
- Compliance of the installation with the specifications agreed with the customer;
- Preparing, analysing, localising and resolving failures;
- Carrying out inspections, repairs and modifications;
- Provision of complete reports regarding the performed activities to the operations lead and the customer;
- Advising the customer regarding use, maintenance and new developments of their equipment;
- Training the customers’ operators and technicians to handle the Huisman systems in a responsible and safe way.
Wondering if you are equipped for impact? Ideally you have:
- A broad technical interest in Mechanics, Electrical Engineering, Hydraulics (propulsion technology) or Control Technology (PLCs and inverters);
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize;
- Client oriented and focused;
- Flexible and Creative;
- Proactive and Persuasive;
- Result orientated.
To conclude, some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
Still with us? Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Service Engineer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information about the position or explore other career opportunities at www.huismanequipment.com/ careers.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.