Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Functional Application Manager (ERP).
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Functional Application Manager (ERP), Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Functional Application Manager (ERP) who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"We value flexibility and initiative. Don't be afraid of experimenting. If you work on new ideas, they will become real."
Korneel van der Meer, Product Manager
About the position of Functional Application Manager (ERP)
What to expect of the 'Functional Application Manager (ERP)' position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. You will be involved in all phases of the project, from the kick-off meeting to delivery to the client and our Service organisation. The projects at Huisman are large and complex and may represent a value of over fifty million euros. The scope of the projects concerns engineering, procurement and construction (EPC). To this aim, you will manage quality, planning, budget, and client relationships. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Functional Application Manager, you like to be in charge. Not in proverbial boxes, but as the ideal interlocutor who knows how to represent the wishes and interests of colleagues. Your extensive knowledge and passion as Functional Application Manager of both the business and ICT aspects ensure optimal business productivity and provides the translation to the application and technical administrators. You like to work in an international, multidisciplinary environment and know how to shape our business processes so that they will match the "best practices" of the manufacturing industry.
Your work consists of:
- Participation in the project team responsible for setting up and implementing our global ERP system;
- Matching and implement business processes with "Industry best practices" to create a global business process, and these are supported by the key users;
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements, initiating actions to bring them together;
- Directing new changes and releases from suppliers in which you also process (or update) all relevant processes, procedures and working methods in documentation;
- Providing advice and support to key users and management in the different countries where Huisman operates.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- A result-oriented team player;
- Able to set priorities and adapt to changing demands;
- Up-to-date with the latest developments in your field;
- Not afraid to bear responsibility;
- Creative and innovative.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Informatics;
- Demonstrable work experience in a similar position, e.g. in an organisation such as Huisman (engineering-to-order, commercial, medium, short lines and result-oriented work);
- A Microsoft certification and or experience with Cisco networks.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the world's largest Tub Mounted Cranes (2 x 10,000mt) we produced for Heerema. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Functional Application Manager (ERP) by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.