- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Legal Counsel, Rotterdam, Nederland
Vacancy Legal Counsel who is equipped for impact
Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Legal Counsel.
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. In these times of transition, our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities make us equipped for impact.
About the position of Legal Counsel
What to expect of the ‘Legal Counsel’ position within Huisman? We offer of a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. As Legal Counsel you provide operational advice in legal issues and support the management and employees of the organisation from a legal perspective. And provide advice in line with relevant legislation and legal policies and procedures of organisation and if necessary in co-operation with external parties, in order to contribute to minimising legal risks and to support the execution of different working processes. You will work together with colleagues from various departments such as Sales, Finance, Project Management, Service and Supply Chain. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
“We are a team of smart people who want to make a positive impact on the world.”
Charlotte Roodenburg, Manager New Build Sales
What do we expect of you?
As Legal Counsel within Huisman you will be:
- Drafting, negotiating and finalizing commercial contracts;
- Assisting to keep the internal legal information up to date and available for the legal databases (e.g. corporate data, contracts, agreements etc.);
- Contributes to translation of relevant legislation into legal guidelines, procedures, codes, contracts and models, supports in implementation;
- Supporting the conception of letters, notes and decisions from a legal perspective within the legal policies and procedures;
- Contributing to an effective execution of legal issues, claims/disputes and litigation in favour of the organisation.
Wondering if you are equipped for impact?
- Capable of communicating on all levels and with colleagues from different disciplines;
- Flexible to travel
- A Master law degree (preferably international, commercial law);
- Proven professional knowledge (academic, conceptual working and thinking level) about and experience with theoretical legal concepts and principles;
- Legal and drafting skills (preferably experience with English commercial law);
- Good negotiation skills;
- Managerial experience;
- Affinity with the international maritime and/or technical industry;
- Good analytical skills.
- 2 to 5 years of experience within the legal profession.
Some practical things we need you to have
- An EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of the New York Wheel Rigid Spokes and automated drilling rigs? So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An inspiring atmosphere
- A multicultural work environment
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience
- Personal development and education opportunities
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Legal Counsel by scrolling down and apply there. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still, need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information about the position or explore other career opportunities at this website www.werkenbijhuisman.com or stay informed through our job alert.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.