Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Category Buyer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Category Buyer, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Category Buyer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"Our impact? Always coming up with innovative solutions."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Category Buyer
What to expect of the Category Buyer position within Huisman?
Are you looking for a job where ensure that components and services, required for our projects, are ordered in a timely manner, within budget and according applicable quality requirements and
processes? As Category Buyer, you think pro-actively with our business. In collaboration with the
Category Managers you initiate the required activities to ensure business continuity. You do not allow poor Solutions and will always achieve the best deal. Working closely together with the Supply Chain Coordinators and the Expeditors, you will make our projects a success every time.
We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
You will be responsible for:
- Development of commodities in collaboration with the Category Manager;
- Best price, best quality and in time delivery of the required goods and/ or services;
- Investigating innovation possibilities, price reduction possibilities and general and/ or specific improvements regarding of goods and/ or services;
- A collaborative and transparent relationship with key suppliers.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- A Bachelor think and work level;
- Nevi 1 or equivalent and Nevi 2 (or motivated to follow training);
- 5 Years plus experience in a, preferable, technical organization;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize;
- Practical disposition and a good command of the English and Dutch language orally and in writing;
- Analytical skills, pro-activity and ownership.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Universal Quick Connector we produced for Jan De Nul. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Category Buyer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.