Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Technical Buyer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Technical Buyer, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Technical Buyer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"Our impact? Always coming up with innovative solutions."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Technical Buyer
What to expect of the ‘Technical Buyer’ position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. You have the opportunity to work closely together with our fabrication facilities and have a contribution to exciting renewable projects. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Technical Buyer, you think proactively with our business. In collaboration with the supply chain department and with work preparation you initiate the required activities to ensure business continuity. You do not allow poor solutions and will always achieve the best deal.
You will be responsible for:
- Best price, best quality and in time delivery of the required goods and/ or services;
- Investigating innovation possibilities, price reduction possibilities and general and/ or specific improvements regarding of goods and/ or services;
- A collaborative and transparent relationship with key suppliers.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Able to switch easily between overseeing the projects and pinpoint on details within the planning;
- Experienced in reading complex production drawings;
- Looking for the best results;
- Pragmatic and solutions oriented.
- Bachelor or Master level in a relevant technical degree or Supply Chain management with relevant experience in our branche;
- 5 years of experience;
- Good communication and negotiating skills (i.e. subcontracting work).
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language orally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Universal Quick Connector we produced for Jan De Nul. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Technical Buyer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.