Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Painting Manager.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Painting Manager, Xiamen, China
Painting Manager who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
About the position of Painting Manager
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
“The fact that it has never been done before makes it extra special.”
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
What do we expect of you?
What to expect of the Painting Manager position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. As Painting Manager you manage the Painting Team and paint applicator and ensure safety, quality, efficiency and on-time utilisation of tools and working area. The projects of Huisman are large and complex and can amount to more than 50 million euros in value. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Painting Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that products get a protective coating according to the requirements of safety, quality, technical specifications, planning and budget, as well as managing the paint team and acting as an area owner.
This means that you are responsible for:
- Assuring that all blast-, paint and touch-up activities are performed safely, according to required quality, efficiently and on-time, according to project demands;
- Preparing workload forecasts in cooperation with Work Preparation, proposing and arranging on-time mitigation actions; e.g. additional labour for paint applicator, subcontracting outside HCN, renting of paint facilities outside HCN, split structures in smaller parts, etc.;
- Providing quarterly performance reports of paint applicator and arrange meetings to discuss with top management of paint applicator;
- Managing the on-time and efficient execution of blast- and paint work according to priorities as set by ERP-system and/or OMT of all blast- and paint facilities, incl. pre-treatment shop;
- Guard safety and adequate housekeeping during works of paint applicator; taking immediate action when people violate rules and report issues to paint Applicator management and HCN HSE;
- Judging and advising of paint specifications for running and new projects.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Proactive and familiar with new developments within your area of expertise;
- An excellent communicator;
- A team player, you enjoy working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams and have the ability to work independently;
- Good at MS Office products; skill in AutoCAD is preferred
- Flexible and creative;
- Client oriented and focused;
- Willing to relocate to Xiamen, China;
- A strong and fair leader;
- A Bachelor's degree;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as manager in similar field, detailed knowledge of blasting and industrial painting processes;
- Knowledge of galvanising process/system is preferred;
- FROSIO 3, NACE/SSPC 2
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Monopile Gripper which we developed together with one of our clients. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Painting Manager by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.