Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Trainee Research & Development Test Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Trainee Research & Development Test Engineer, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Trainee Research & Development Test Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
“The fact that it has never been done before makes it extra special.”
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
About the position of Trainee Research & Development Test Engineer
What to expect of the Trainee R&D Test Engineer position within Huisman? We offer of a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. As Trainee R&D Test Engineer, you like a practical approach and working together with engineers of various projects and disciplines. Issues for the R&D Department may arise at different times in the process. Test questions are generated during the pre-sales and engineering phase but also during production, commissioning and maintenance.
Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you have what it takes to make an impact? Yes? Please keep reading.
What do we expect of you?
As a Trainee Test Engineer R&D, you will be building test setups, implementing test plans and conducting experiments in our laboratory. You like a practical approach and you will be able to connect with our R&D Engineers without any problems.
This means that you are responsible for:
- A detailed test plan, drawings and schemes of the test equipment;
- Commissioning and calibration of the test set-up;
- Executing tests and solve operational problems;
- Informing colleagues about the progress and test results during a project.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Flexible and Creative;
- Proactive and Persuasive;
- Result and Customer orientated;
- Interested in new Technologies.
- MBO 4 level or Bachelor degree, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulics or Measuring and Control technology;
- Experience with ACAD and Inventor is a must;
- Affinity with conducting experiments and collecting data;
- An eye for detail;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritise;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language orally and in writing.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Monopile Gripper we developed together with one of our clients. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Trainee R&D Test Engineer by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.