Do you want to be part of a globally active team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Category Manager Supply Chain.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Category Manager, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Category Manager who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"Our impact? Always coming up with innovative solutions."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Category Manager
Together with the Group Discipline Manager Supply Chain you will contribute to the supply chain strategy for the flawless delivery of components and services by developing existing and new suppliers, evaluating their performance and analysing markets in which Huisman and our suppliers operate and setting up frame agreements. Furthermore, you will work on incorporating category management into the company processes. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As Category Manager, you operate in a team Category Managers and closely cooperate with Category Buyers, Engineers and other stakeholders at Huisman. This means you are responsible for:
- Analysing of business demand and supply markets;
- Developing sourcing strategies and sourcing of new suppliers;
- Cooperation with other disciplines at Huisman for component strategies;
- Tender and supplier selection, supplier evaluation;
- Contracting and contract implementation;
- Negotiating contracts over multiple projects or new products;
- Guiding category buyers in working according frame agreements.
Wondering if you are equipped for impact? You:
- NEVI 1 level and NEVI Expert is an advantage;
- Have the ability to adapt quickly to new requirements, know how to prioritise and stay effective;
- Are a team player who enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams with the ability to work independently;
- Are flexible and creative;
- Experience in coaching and guiding teams;
- Client oriented and focused;
- Proactive and persuasive;
- Practical, accurate and punctual.
To conclude, some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider this 3D printed crane hook. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level
- A multicultural work environment
- Various growth and development opportunities
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Category Manager by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.