Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Proposal Lead.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Proposal Lead, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Proposal Lead who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
“Demonstrate that you care by asking your customers questions on how to improve. If you listen to your client the reward is priceless.”
Coen Reissenweber - Manager Sales Services
About the position of Proposal Lead
This job is perfect for you if you are looking for a new challenge, where you will be confronted with complex questions and issues in a dynamic environment. You are a convincing and goal oriented Proposal Lead, where you act as a linking pin between colleagues from your team, colleagues from other disciplines and the customer. As a Proposal Lead, you are the project leader of your quotation. Upon order, you transfer the project to the operation and keep in close contact with all stakeholders.
We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Proposal Lead, you are responsible for customer requests from our sales service department. This includes: modifications and innovations, inspections, repairs, maintenance, spare parts, (project) upgrades and warranty issues. With these enquiries, you then involve your colleagues from other departments. We build on client relationships by delivering client specific services. We aim to make our clients’ operations more efficient and will do the utmost to strengthen our clients in their current and future business.
- Inventorying and handling the service requests from customers;
- Ensuring that you involve colleagues from different disciplines in order to propose the most suitable solution;
- Project management of a service offer;
- Identifying commercial opportunities from a technical point of view;
- Developing a relationship with the customer and finding commercial opportunities;
- Ensuring high quality, safety and customer satisfaction.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'? Ideally you:
- Have a completed Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering or similar; 5 years of experience in a similar position at a technical organisation;
- Are flexible and service-oriented;
- Have strong communications skills with a commercial drive;
- Know how to motivate and delegate;
- Have the ability to quickly adapt to new requirements and know how to prioritise;
- Feel responsible for the quotation processes;
- Are a team player; you like to work in multidisciplinary teams and can also work independently;
To conclude, some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Monopile Gripper we developed together with one of our clients. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Proposal Lead by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or explore other career opportunities at www.huismanequipment.com/careers.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.