Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Mechanical Design Engineer, Twente, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Mechanical Design Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"In times of transition, you look for solutions for the future."
William Walhout, Mechanical Engineer
About the position of Mechanical Design Engineer
What to expect of the Mechanical Design Engineer position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turn-key products to our clients. The delivery can be anywhere in the world. In addition to our inspiring atmosphere, we offer an excellent benefits package tailored to your background and experience. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. This means you get the space to develop yourself into an all-round senior engineer with knowledge of different disciplines or you put the emphasis on Design, Structural Engineering or Routing. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you often work in a multidisciplinary project team in which you are responsible for the mechanical part of the design.
This means you are responsible for:
- Modelling and calculating mechanical designs for heavy (offshore) systems;
- Drafting system-, basic and detail designs;
- Determining purchase specifications with focus on long lead items;
- Designing with a focus on: use of material, size/weight, malleability and service accessibility;
- Performing detailed calculations for the optimisation of the design.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Proactive and familiar with new developments within your expertise;
- An excellent communicator;
- A team player, you enjoy working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams and have the ability to work independently;
- Flexible and creative;
- Client oriented and focused;
- Practical, accurate and punctual.
- A Master's degree in Engineering;
- Great affinity with or interest in complex mechatronic systems;
- At least 2 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer within the (heavy) mechanical engineering, offshore/maritime sector or steel construction;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and the know how to prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language orally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the world's largest Tub Mounted Cranes (2 x 10.000mt), which we produced for Heerema. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Mechanical Design Engineer by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.