Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Manager Mechanical Engineering.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Manager Mechanical Engineering, Xiamen China
Vacancy: Manager Mechanical Engineering who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"Our cranes are custom-made, adjusted to the field of activity of our clients."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Manager Mechanical Engineering
s Manager Mechanical Engineering, you are going to manage the Production Support team and Design and CAD Engineering teams (approx. 70 engineers). You take it a step further by training and coaching your teams and continuously improve the methods and the processes. So that Huisman can continue to produce fantastic projects cost effectively with China as its production site!
This means that you are responsible for:
- Directly and indirectly managing all design and CAD engineers;
- Discuss your department output requirements with other department heads (production, work prep, purchase);
- Organise your department in such way that other departments are supported in the most optimal way;
- Responsible for the development and drawing of the lifting and installation plans and provide technical support to solve problems;
- Provide feedback and developing standards based on production methods;
- Improve efficiency through good standards in both production and engineering;
- Hiring, developing and allocating local engineering capacity;
- Monitoring the quality of the output;
- Continues development of existing engineering knowledge in close collaboration with Huisman the Netherlands;
- Providing input for tenders and producing progress reports for the various internal parties.
- Initiating and managing continuous improvements and projects.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- a Technical expert with several years’ experience in mechanical engineering;
- Able to work under multiple deadlines at once;
- A team player;
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and convincing;
- Result and client-oriented.
- A Master degree in Engineering;
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer within the (heavy) mechanical engineering, offshore/maritime sector or steel construction;
- Experience with supervising multi-national teams and have some previous experience with Chinese culture. This is a pre;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and the know how to prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Motion Compensated Platform we developed to support the construction of offshore wind farms.
So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words,
What do we have to offer?
- We offer a very attractive package with various allowances on top of the basic salary;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Manager Mechanical Engineering by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or explore other career opportunities at www.huismanequipment.com/ careers.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.