Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Principal Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Principal Engineer, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Principal Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
In these times of transition, our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities make us equipped for impact.
"We love creating something that doesn’t exist yet. And if it does, I know we can make it even better."
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
About the position of Principal Engineer
What to expect of the ‘Principal Engineer’ position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key.
You might design the drive and control of the first motion compensated autonomous crane, or work as a system engineer on a motion compensated pile gripper. You will combine the views of the control systems, electrical and hydraulic drives and the dynamic simulations together in a system design. These can be products in the R&D phase, but also in live projects.
The projects at Huisman are large and complex and may represent a value of over fifty million euros. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a principal engineer, you are within the (R&D) projects responsible for the Drive and Automation design. You understand the impact of decisions on different disciplines, and weighs those to a reliable, fit for purpose design.
This means that you are responsible for:
- System Design;
- Human Machine Interface Design
- Choose PLC/Network Hardware / Sensors / Provide Actuator requirements for Hydraulically and Electrical actuators;
- Analyse, Design and Verification of the Control Strategy;
- Make design choices based on all inputs;
- Maintain relation with client on Drive & Automation topics;
- Procedures and Risk assessments;
- Optional for projects with high R&D content, coordinate team of R&D engineers that check and analyse R&D topics, for example control loop designs, control stability and performance analysis and workability studies.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Able to work under multiple deadlines at once;
- A team player;
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and convincing;
- Result and client-oriented.
- A Master degree in Engineering;
- Great affinity with or interest in complex mechatronic systems;
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer within the (heavy) mechanical engineering, offshore/maritime sector or steel construction;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and the know how to prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- A EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of the Fibre Rope System we developed for the subsea development of crane applications.
So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words,
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level
- A multicultural work environment
- Various growth and development opportunities
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Principal Engineer by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or explore other career opportunities at www.huismanequipment.com/ careers.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.