Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Installation, Commissioning & Testing Engineer
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Installation, Commissioning & Testing Engineer, Rotterdam, NL
I,C&T Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"We love creating something that doesn’t exist yet. And if it does, I know we can make it even better."
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
What to expect of the I,C&T Engineer position within Huisman?
Working as an I,C&T engineer at Huisman means that you fulfil an essential role in helping to deliver our complex systems to our clients. You will install, commission, and test all parts of the huge offshore systems we provide, from 3000 mt cranes to custom wind turbine installation tools.
A typical week could include learning and preparing for a new project, checking specifications, and providing feedback to the engineering departments. The following week you could be working offshore, fixing and testing the large electric and hydraulic systems of a crane, and demonstrating the performance to a client.
You will have the opportunity to learn new ideas and methods. You are expected to cope with strict project aims and deadlines in order to achieve project completion. You have a passion to travel. There are countless opportunities at Huisman to ‘Make it Happen’ and we will work with you to map out and realise your career path and find where your natural abilities lie.
Besides the opportunity to contribute to our ground-breaking innovations, Huisman provides an excellent compensation and employment conditions package, as well as regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
- To learn and apply expertise of the full range of Huisman products, while maintaining a helicopter view to monitor and judge the impact of projects on other assets or the entire system of assets. Manage and work in close connection with other disciplines and co-create/develop solutions from an integrated (system) view;
- Think and plan ahead, supporting project members to include essential moments of review, commissioning or timely acceptance. Be able to foresee potential risks ahead of time and manage accordingly in order to avoid issues that impact safety, time, costs or performance;
- Issuing advice to the Client and subcontractors related to technical aspects of an installation; Ensuring and supervising the realisation of commissioning and testing activities in accordance with the applicable commissioning protocol of the project;
- Maintaining contact with the customer in relation to the activities at hand or that are to be carried out;
- Supervising and realising the schedule within which the relevant commissioning and test results must be completed in accordance with specifications.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- An excellent communicator and analytical thinker;
- A team player who enjoys working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Flexible, Client-oriented and focused;
- A relevant Technical Bachelor’s degree; Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic or Automotive Technology or Maritime Academy;
- Experience is good, although the right mind-set is better. We welcome new graduates, experienced engineers, or people looking for a career shift;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements, know how to prioritise and stay effective.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Motion Compensated Platform we developed to support the construction of offshore wind farms. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Excellent training opportunities to learn about our systems and your development;
- Travelling is part of the job
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of I,C&T Engineer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.