Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for IT Service Desk Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
IT Service Desk Engineer, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: IT Services Desk Engineer who is equipped for impact.
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
“Sweet talk doesn’t do the work of lifting ten thousand tonnes up in the air.”
Korneel van der Meer, Product Manager
About the position of IT Service Desk Engineer
What to expect of the IT Service Desk Engineer within Huisman?
As IT Service Desk Engineer you are responsible for supporting our colleagues, both at the office and in the field. In this function, you will help your colleagues with answering their questions and solving their technical issues, as well as all actions related to this.
We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As IT Service Desk Engineer you work in an international service desk team and provides support to our end-users, in the form of client devices support (mobile/desktop/laptop), Windows OS support, application support, etc.
You as IT Service Desk Engineer like to register and respond to questions and issues that the Huisman colleagues report, according to the Service Level Agreements. Besides handling questions and issues, you will also handle workplace management tasks, IT hardware related questions and participate in professionalizing the IT Servicedesk as a whole.
You like to:
- Handle complex incidents and service requests;
- Mentor junior/medior IT Servicedesk staff;
- Analyze incidents and service request for trends;
- Analyze and update procedures and work-instructions;
- Communicate effectively with end users and customer management;
- Identify and address security concerns, weaknesses, and risks;
- Lead team (improvement) projects/ initiatives.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Microsoft Operations System Certified;
- Able to work under multiple deadlines at once;
- A team player;
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and convincing;
- Result and client-oriented.
- A Bachelor degree in IT;
- 5+ year experience in IT, preferably at a Servicedesk;
- ITIL Foundation;
- Microsoft Fundamentals;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritise.
- Experience in guiding teams.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Windfarm Installation Vessel we developed to improve efficiency in offshore wind energy projects. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of IT Servicedesk Engineer by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.