Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Service Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Service Engineer, Rotterdam, NL
Service Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"Our cranes are custom-made, adjusted to the field of activity of our clients."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Service Engineer
What to expect of the 'Service Engineer' position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. As a Service Engineer you will perform services, fault finding, commissioning and testing of the biggest offshore equipment in the world. In this role you are the ambassador of our company with a team of engineering experts behind you to help you beat any technical challenge you may encounter.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
- Compliance of the installation with the specifications agreed with the client;
- Preparing, analysing, localising and resolving failures;
- Carrying out inspections, repairs and modifications;
- Provision of complete reports regarding the performed activities to the operations lead and the client;
- Advising clients regarding use, maintenance and new developments of their equipment;
- Training the clients’ operators and technicians to handle the Huisman systems in a responsible and safe way.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Client oriented and focused;
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and persuasive;
- Result orientated.
- A broad technical interest in mechanics, electrical engineering, hydraulics (propulsion technology) or control technology (PLCs and inverters);
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language orally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider our 2x10,000mt Tub Mounted Cranes. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Service Engineer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.