Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Work Preparation Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Work Preparation Engineer, Rotterdam, NL
Work Preparation Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"The fact that it has never been done before, makes it extra special."
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
What to expect of the Work Preparation Engineer position within Huisman?
To strengthen our department, we are looking for a Work Preparation Engineer Electrics, Hydraulics & HVAC with experience in a production environment (heavy steel or mechanical engineering). A relevant technical bachelor's degree programme (bachelor with 1-3 years of experience or MTS with 3 to 10 years of experience) is desirable. Interest? Then read on. Maybe we have the job you're looking for.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
Being a Work Preparation Engineer, you and your team are responsible for all new construction, maintenance, Geo and R&D assignments at the Huisman production site in Schiedam. In addition for a number of projects in collaboration with our production facility in the Czech Republic.
- As a Work Preparation Engineer you will:
- Evaluate project-related information, such as detailed design and installation drawings, schematics and quality control documents, bills of materials, production planning and budgets;
- Create a manufacturing bill off material (MBOM) and start the procurement process for electrical, hydraulic and/or HVAC systems;
- Drawing up an expectation of the required resources and drawing up the planning for materials, parts and installation;
- Making estimates of hours and resources;
- Publish, determine and monitor work orders;
- Tendering, subcontracting and monitoring the installation of electrical, hydraulic and HVAC systems;
- Tendering, subcontracting and monitoring the installation of routing, lubrication systems and e-room insulation;
- Supporting project management with input for the planning of engineering and long lead matters;
- Support the production planner with input for production planning;
- Periodically communicate with internal parties about progress and the content of projects according to the therefor arranged structures;
- Setting up installation procedures;
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Flexible and creative
- Customer-oriented and focused
- Proactive and persuasive
- Practical and punctual
- A result-oriented team player
- Willing to travel abroad
- Not afraid to take responsibility
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider our Huisman Innovation Tower. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Work Preparation Engineer by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.