Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Control Systems Field Support Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Control Systems Field Engineer, Rotterdam, NL
Vacancy: Control Systems Field Support Engineer who is equipped for impact.
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
“Sweet talk doesn’t do the work of lifting ten thousand tonnes up in the air.”
Korneel van der Meer, Product Manager
About the position of Control Systems Field Support Engineer
What to expect of the Control Systems Field Support Engineer within Huisman?
As a Control Systems Field Support Engineer, you are responsible for the Control Systems and Human Machine interfacing in our equipment.
We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As Control Systems Field Support Engineer, you work in an international team and you will testing Huisman machines on control systems of perform service on our equipment at our clients vessels.
You like to:
- Performing the control systems testing during commissioning and performing service to our products after delivery;
- Testing the control systems during the commissioning phase;
- Assisting our Global Services division with problems that arise while our clients use the product;
- Providing feedback to the development team in order to improve the quality and the performance of our products;
- Developing test strategies for our products.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Able to work under multiple deadlines at once;
- A team player;
- Flexible and creative;
- Proactive and convincing;
- Result and client-oriented;
- Willing to work travel and work abroad.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, automation or a an equivalent;
- Knowledge in software writing gained by work experience is a pre;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Motion Compensated Platform we developed to support the construction of offshore wind farms. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Control Systems Field Engineer by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.