Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Sales Manager.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Sales Manager, Rotterdam, NL
Vacancy: Sales Manager who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"In times of transition, Huisman quickly adapts and comes up with new solutions. That’s why we are ahead of the competition."
Charlotte Roodenburg, Manager New Build Sales
About the position of Sales Manager
What to expect of the Sales Manager position within Huisman?
Imagine the equipment we engineer and fabricate at Huisman? We build the largest offshore equipment which is used by our clients to make the world more sustainable. Large cranes and heave compensated grippers to install a windfarm. And imagine you are on the frontrow of opportunities in acquiring these new projects! Working as a Sales Manager at Huisman means that you are responsible changing opportunities into sales orders. As a Sales Manager you determine the strategy and draw from all the opportunities to make it happen. You take ownership by creating your own sales target.
We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As Sales Manager, you are responsible for:
- The design and implementation of Key-account plans; maintaining and further optimize Key-account management in cooperation with after sales;
- Creating and release quotations in cooperation with the Tender and Concept colleagues;
- Designing and implementing actions to achieve maximum results from marketing activities such as trade fairs and events;
- Monitoring and follow-up on actions that are disabled or need to be in different departments and customer networks;
- Facilitating, and cooperate with the stakeholders within the Sales process;
- Building, expanding, and maintaining a diverse network at different levels.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- independent and Business savvy;
- modest, very good socially building relations yet cheeky;
- eager to learn the Sales skills but also want to get to the bottom of the technology to make sure you know exactly what you are working on;
- understand technology but you are looking for a more commercial angle to work with technology.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the technical industry;
- a technical Bachelor/ Master degree;
- experience with sales of one-off systems;
- the ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize;
- an interest to manage projects and have good communication skills;
- no problem with travelling.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Monopile Gripper we developed together with one of our clients. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Sales Manager by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.