Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Steel Construction Principal.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Steel Construction Principal, China
Vacancy: Steel Construction Principal who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"Nothing is too crazy. You name it, we make it."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Steel Construction Principal
What to expect of the Steel Construction Principal position within Huisman?
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent welding construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards, and procedures.
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all work scope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to health and safety of workers and the environment.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package.
What do we expect of you?
To assist with the supervision and co-ordination of fitting and welding personnel and execution at the shop floor in a major international fabrication facility. To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and to a high standard in accordance with project requirements, procedures, and specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The technical authority (end responsible) for fitting and welding sequence to ensure high efficiency, high quality, and safe execution.
- Participates in design reviews validating detail design. The optimum production execution to be determined before production start in close cooperation with Supervisors, Coordinators, and Work preparation and engineering.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the fitting and welding work scope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work order and method statement instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches. And ensure the execution is done efficiently and effectively.
- Lead the coordination for related fitting and welding work, welding personnel assignment and welding equipment management based on the planned target from production plan.
- Implement and monitor HSE practices for its compliance, as well as performing “Risk Assessment”, JSA (Job Safety Analysis) and WPA (Work Place Assessment).
- Implement and monitor the compliance of welding work to Quality Management System.
- Provide solution to technical problems associated with welding work.
- Liaise with and provide support to Welding Engineer for technical support for any related welding work and any implementation on the shopfloor
- Identify, implement, and monitor any improvement that can be done for improving productivity, or quality or safety.
- Drives technical innovation in Fitting and Welding practices with the emphasis on mechanized and robotic manufacturing where possible.
- Provide support to other disciplines where required and be part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Strong voice in performance appraisals of workshop staff.
Allied occasional duties
- Participate and contribute to Huisman China’s Emergency Response procedure and process.
- Participate and contribute to Huisman China’s QBQ development programs.
- Be aware of and lead the requirement for total safety within all operations
- Actively assist and cooperate with other departments for flawless delivery.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Engineering graduate or higher technical college diploma;
- 10 -15 years of working experience in a similar role;
- Able to communicate fluently (oral and written) in English and preferably Mandarin;
- PCN Visual Inspection Level 2 or above;
- Integrity and reliability are characteristics that are essential for this position, furthermore a good understanding of technical issues in major fabrication production, an ability to work in stressful situations at times, good communication skills and a willingness to engage and help others;
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory role in a large fabrication facility;
- Ability to take initiative, lead from the front and mentor a large team within production;
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of international codes and standards related to welding and fabrication generally.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing;
- Willingness to work in China for a longer period of time.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the world's largest Tub Mounted Cranes (2 x 10,000mt) we produced for Heerema. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Steel Construction Principal by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.