Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Functional Application Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Senior Functional Application Engineer (ERP), Rotterdam, NL
Vacancy: Functional Application Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries. With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of energy transition.
“Sweet talk doesn’t do the work of lifting ten thousand tonnes up in the air.”
Korneel van der Meer, Product Manager
About the position of Functional Application Engineer
What to expect of the Functional Application Engineer position within Huisman?
The Functional Application Engineer is part of a Global ERP Team. This position acts as a bridge between the user community and IT. The IT department has around 50 IT specialists divided roughly over 3 main locations. The ERP consist of 10 specialists, including a team lead. The (ERP) application team is aiming to further improve and professionalize, the ideal candidate has the experience and wants to contribute to these goals.
We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to ground-breaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
- Managing the ERP (ISAH) systems and associated applications;
- Providing functional ERP (ISAH) user support;
- Provide proactive support, propose solutions, and suggest new ideas to key users;
- You will collaborate on ongoing projects (such as a Global ERP implementation project);
- Support colleagues within the team in challenging change requests;
- Train colleagues how to perform requirement analysis and document these;
- Further improve the bridge, processes and agreements between the application team and the rest of the business.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- A good planner and organizer;
- A good communicator;
- A good team player;
- Result and client-oriented;
- Adaptive to changing environments.
- At least Bachelor degree or higher (Hbo);
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience with ERP applications, preferably ISAH;
- Understanding of accounting and financial processes;
- Familiarity with Power BI and SQL are preferable.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider Consider the Monopile Gripper we developed together with one of our clients. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level
- An international work environment
- Various growth and development opportunities
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Functional Application Engineer by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.