Think big. Make big. In our production hall in Schiedam, we build the world's largest and heaviest cranes and the latest offshore wind equipment. How about a crane that is more than 150 metres high? That is almost as high as the Euromast in Rotterdam. Are you the skilled craftsman or woman who wants a job where no two days are the same? Great! Because we are looking for a Foreman Welding!
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
We are looking for a Foreman Welding who will come and make it with us!
About our organisation
We design, build and maintain the world's largest and heaviest equipment. We belong to the best in the world. Just like our customers. They are global players in the offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil sectors. What else makes working at Huisman so special? Much of what we do has never been built before. That makes it special!
"The fact that it has never been done before, makes it extra special."
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
About the position of Welding Foreman
As Welding Foreman at Huisman you are responsible for leading, coordinating and performing various welding activities. You play a key role in guaranteeing the quality, efficiency and safety of the welding process. You head a team of welders and other employees to ensure successful project completion. You drive high-quality, durable welding results and attach great importance to the quality of the welding work. You take into account the applicable standards and specifications that apply to the welding process, such as industrial standards, technical regulations or customer specifications. By observing these standards and specifications, you ensure that the welding work meets the required quality standards and the desired technical specifications.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
Your will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of welders and other employees, including planning and assigning work;
- Coordinating the welding process with other departments and stakeholders;
- Quality control of the welding work, ensuring compliance with applicable standards and specifications;
- Arranging the required welding registration;
- Solving any technical problems that may occur during the welding process;
- Maintaining a safe work environment and complying with all safety regulations through toolbox meetings;
- Organising the work and allocating tasks within your team, allocating resources and monitoring progress. You supervise the planning and ensure deadlines are met;
- Managing and motivating the team. You contribute to a positive working atmosphere and encourage team members to deliver their best performance. You provide support and guidance where necessary;
- Reporting to the Supervisor on the progress of projects, any bottlenecks and possible improvements. You communicate effectively and contribute to achieving the project goals;
- You contribute to the continuous improvement of work processes and identifying efficiency improvements within the team. You proactively think about possible optimisations and implement improvements where possible.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Practical and punctual;
- A good communicator;
- Able to conduct accurate inspections and ensure that the welding work meets the applicable standards and specifications;
- Safety is a priority in the welding industry. A Welding Foreman must be aware of safety regulations, procedures and best practices and ensure they are followed to ensure a safe work environment;
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications;
- In possession of the relevant safety certificates;
- A team player with a proactive and result-driven attitude;
- Able to effectively manage and motivate a team of welders and other employees. This includes taking decisions, prioritising, motivating the team and solving any conflicts;
- Able to carry out careful and thorough quality checks, ensure that welding activities comply with applicable standards and specifications, and take corrective action if necessary;
- Able to quickly and effectively resolve issues, address technical complications and find alternative solutions to ensure work progress.
- At least a completed MBO course in welding technology (level 3 or 4) or a comparable course with additional IWS training and an IWP diploma;
- Demonstrable experience as a welder, preferably in the metal construction industry;
- A valid VCA certificate;
- Valid welding certificates, such as AWS, ISO 9606. Depending on the specific requirements of the project, other welding certificates may be relevant. These include: certificates for MIG/MAG welding (136 – 138), electrode welding (MMA) and SAW welding;
- A valid visual inspection certificate VT-W-2 / CSWIP 3.0;
- Good leadership and communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills to address technical challenges during the welding process;
- A good knowledge of welding and the welding process. This includes knowledge of different welding methods, materials and safety regulations;
- Problem-solving ability; Technical problems may arise during the welding process, and it is important that the Welding Foreman is able to solve these problems quickly and efficiently;
- The ability to effectively organise tasks and resources, meet deadlines and prioritise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the world's largest Tub Mounted Cranes (2 x 10,000mt) we produced for Heerema. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Welding Foreman by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.