Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Maintenance Coordinator.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Maintenance Coordinator, Rotterdam, NL
Vacancy: Maintenance Coordinator who is ‘equipped for impact’
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest onshore and offshore installations. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of energy transition.
"Our impact? Always coming up with innovative solutions."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Maintenance Coordinator
What to expect of the Maintenance Coordinator position within Huisman?
As a specialist, you are responsible for coordinating and streamlining the Maintenance process. You support the Engineering, Planning and Purchasing departments with technical advice.
You are responsible, and you manage a permanent maintenance team and draw up long-term maintenance plans, prepare various multidisciplinary maintenance projects and work closely with other disciplines within the operation.
You ensure the (large) technical systems and tools on the Huisman site run smoothly and continuously. These systems are often a combination of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic components such as (quay and overhead) cranes, rolling stock such as forklift trucks and aerial work platforms, power supplies, industrial units and tools.
You report on progress and hours spent. You are responsible for a working environment where work is carried out in accordance with the guidelines and safety requirements.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
- Monitor resource planning;
- Studying workflow, working drawings, construction sequences, work instructions, specifications and procedures in advance;
- Planning and monitoring (preventive) maintenance of resources;
- Translating the overall department planning into an operational (process) planning within the set requirements and guidelines;
- Checking the budget, and ensuring work is carried out in accordance with the set budget;
- Dividing the work within your team and among different disciplines, Planning machines;
- Exchanging knowledge with other disciplines, including engineering, planning, purchasing, commissioning & testing;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe working environment;
- Ensuring that work is carried out within the set (safety) requirements in accordance with the planning;
- Reporting progress and deviations to Management;
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels, using HR tools, services and procedures;
- Managing and coaching a team by motivating, developing and assessing employees and stimulating teamwork;
- Conducting performance interviews with the maintenance engineers
- Co-developing, implementing, optimising and/or continuously improving work processes;
- Managing, preparing and carrying out all activities in accordance with the (safety) regulations (QC standards), procedures, instructions, guidelines and information, tackling unsafe situations if necessary, as well as creating and maintaining safe working conditions and providing toolboxes and dissemination of HSE policy;
- You must love tinkering and not be afraid of dirty hands. As Maintenance Coordinator, you will collaborate in carrying out maintenance and upgrades.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- practical and loves tinkering;
- proficient with MSOffice, ERP systems and drawing programs.
- completed a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in a similar position within a similar organisation;
- VCA full;
- managerial communication and social skills;
- a strong focus on planning and budget hours;
- preparatory and planning insight;
- a good command of the English language (both verbally and in writing);
- extensive expertise.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? onsider the Fibre Rope System we developed for the subsea development of crane applications. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Maintenance Coordinator by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.