Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Mechanical Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Junior Mechanical Engineer
Vacancy: Mechanical Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest onshore and offshore installations. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of energy transition.
“The fact that it has never been done before, makes it extra special”
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
About the position of Mechanical Engineer
What can you expect from the Mechanical Engineer position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation, where innovation, quality, flexibility, and creativity are key. You will be able to develop innovative technologies and contribute to, for example, interesting projects in the field of sustainability. The complete design and production are done in-house, and we deliver turn-key products to our customers. At Huisman, you get the opportunity to see the projects you have worked on being produced. We can deliver anywhere in the world. Besides our inspiring working atmosphere, we offer an excellent benefits package, tailored to your background and experience. Personal development and training opportunities are also part of the deal. That means you will have the space to develop yourself into an all-round Senior Engineer with knowledge of various disciplines or you will focus on Design, Structural Engineering or Routing.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations and an excellent employment conditions package.
What do we expect of you?
As a Mechanical Engineer you contribute to potential project innovations and you make a proactive contribution to the further development of our Engineering capabilities.
This means that you are responsible for:
- modelling and calculating mechanical designs for heavy (offshore) systems;
- system-, basic and detail designs;
- determining purchase specifications with focus on long lead items;;
- designing with a focus on: use of material, size/weight, malleability and service accessibility;
- performing detail calculations for the optimisation of the design.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- proactive and familiar with new developments within your expertise;
- an excellent communicator;
- a team player, you enjoy working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams and have the ability to work independently;
- flexible and creative;
- client oriented and focused;
- practical, accurate and punctual.
- a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- great affinity with or interest in complex mechanical systems;
- the ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- a EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- a practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Monopile Gripper we developed together with one of our clients. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- an excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- a multicultural work environment;
- various growth and development opportunities;
- the possibility to work from home;
- open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Mechanical Engineer by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.