Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technology and a strong background in PLC and SCADA systems? And do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Senior Control Systems Field Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Senior Control Systems (PLC) Field Engineer
Vacancy: Senior Control Systems Field Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"We love creating something that doesn’t exist yet. And if it does, I know we can make it even better."
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
About the position of Senior Control Systems Field Engineer
What to expect of the Senior Control Systems Field Engineer within Huisman?
As a Senior Control Systems Field Engineer for Huisman Services, you will be responsible for installing control systems on equipment that Huisman supplies to our clients worldwide, and for maintenance and troubleshooting of these systems. Your expertise in PLC and SCADA will be crucial in ensuring that our customers’ systems run smoothly and efficiently. You will represent our company with the help of a team of experts in the back office to overcome any challenges. Finally, you will work with our engineers to continuously improve and optimise our standards.
One day you might be in the office, with a laptop in front of you, or in a meeting. The next day, you could be working overseas on a software installation/test, complete with complex drive systems, large robotics or a lifting system.
The opportunities at Huisman are endless and our aim is to 'make it happen'.
We will work with you to map out your career path and find out where your natural abilities lie.
Of course, we expect you to be able to meet strict project targets, and you need to be available for travel or weekend work. All these efforts should ultimately lead to the delivery of an excellent, high-quality product, put together as a team!
What do we expect of you?
As Senior Control Systems Field Engineer for Huisman Services, you will work in an international team to ensure our clients are successful.
- Assisting our clients in the field, ensuring optimal uptime of our equipment;
- Acting as Huisman representative, delivering top-notch service and technical support;
- Implementation of control system modifications that improve functionality and/or safety of our equipment;
- Servicing, testing and commissioning of Huisman Equipment control systems;
- Providing feedback to the development team to improve the quality and performance of our products;
- Collaborating closely with a team of software specialists to operate and maintain Huisman's systems;
- Working with our engineering experts to develop innovative solutions and optimisations for our control systems.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Result and client oriented;
- A team player;
- Willing to travel and work abroad;
- Proactive and convincing;
- MBO 4 / Bachelor / Master’s degree, in a technical area (Complex Systems Engineering and Management; Systems & Control; Embedded Systems; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics);
- A broad technical interest in Control Technology (e.g., PLC programming);
- Knowledge in software writing gained by work experience;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements;
- Experience with PLC, SCADA.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Windfarm Installation Vessel we developed to improve efficiency in offshore wind energy projects. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Senior Control Systems Field Engineer for Huisman Services by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.