Think big. Make big. In our production hall in Schiedam, we build the world's largest and heaviest cranes and the latest offshore wind equipment. How about a crane that is more than 150 metres high? That is almost as high as the Euromast in Rotterdam. Are you the skilled craftsman or woman who wants a job where no two days are the same? Great! Because we are looking for a Mechanical Fitter!
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Are you the Mechanical Fitter who will come and make it with us?
About our organisation
We design, build and maintain the world's largest and heaviest equipment. We belong to the best in the world. Just like our customers. They are global players in the offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil sectors. What else makes working at Huisman so special? Much of what we do has never been built before. That makes it special!
"In times of transition, we are at our best."
William Walhout, Mechanical Engineer
About the position of Mechanical Fitter
Are you a technical talent with a passion for assembling and completing semi-finished products? As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be responsible for assembling and completing semi-finished products within the agreed time, in accordance with standards, requirements and drawings. Your expertise is vital to our success.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
- In cooperation with the foreman, you will determine work assignments and closely follow work instructions and planning;
- Working with the team, you will ensure that the required equipment is set up correctly and you will check the quantity, quality and dimensions of semi-finished products and supplied parts;
- You will carry out the assembly, completion and installation of semi-finished products and complete installations. All work is carried out in accordance with specific requirements, plans and strict safety, environmental and quality standards;
- You will use tested and safe tools and report any defects to the manager or technical service in good time. Working safely and efficiently is our top priority;
- You will work with management and work preparation teams to improve the assembly process.
Wondering if you could come and make it with us?
- Practical and punctual;
- A team player with a proactive and results-oriented attitude;
- Customer focused;
- Safety conscious and familiar with safety regulations;
- Familiar with precision measuring tools (e.g. micrometers);
- Familiar with bolting.
- MBO professional and intellectual ability;
- Knowledge of VCA basics;
- 4-6 years relevant work experience or you are a starting Mechanical Fitter with the right attitude and willingness to learn;
- Experience with rotating equipment would be preferred.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the world's largest Tub Mounted Cranes (2 x 10,000mt) we produced for Heerema.So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Mechanical Fitter by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.