Think big. Make big. In our production hall in Schiedam, we build the world's largest and heaviest cranes and the latest offshore wind equipment. How about a crane that is more than 150 metres high? That is almost as high as the Euromast in Rotterdam. Are you the skilled craftsman or woman who wants a job where no two days are the same? Great! Because we are looking for a Crane Driver!
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Are you the Crane Driver who will come and make it with us?
About our organisation
We design, build and maintain the world's largest and heaviest equipment. We belong to the best in the world. Just like our customers. They are global players in the offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil sectors. What else makes working at Huisman so special? Much of what we do has never been built before. That makes it special!
"Nothing is too crazy. You name it, we make it."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Crane Driver
Are you an experienced Crane Driver with a passion for safety and precision? Would you like to be part of a dynamic team and contribute to the successful implementation of lifting activities and processes? Then we are looking for you!
What do we expect of you?
As Crane Driver at Huisman you are responsible for attaching, lifting, moving and placing different installations or installation parts, objects, components and other loads in production. Naturally, you always adhere to the applicable safety requirements and any project-related lift plan.
- In consultation with your supervisor or based on lift plans and direct instructions from your foreman, you determine what work needs to be carried out;
- You ensure that all required lifting equipment is correctly set up and secured. To this end, you determine crucial information such as weight of the load, centre of gravity, safety, workload, length of the slings and required fasteners, as well as the load-bearing capacity of the load placement area. You also take weather conditions into account to ensure that lifting can be performed safely;
- You conduct a visual inspection of the required equipment, such as slings and fasteners, and report any shortcomings. You also check whether the crane has sufficient freedom of movement and whether the working area is free of obstacles, and you ensure that visibility is adequate;
- You perform the lifting work in accordance with the lift plan or instructions from foremen. You keep an eye on proceedings in and around the crane and the load to be moved, and communicate via communication tools to ensure the safe execution of the work;
- After placing a load, you ensure safe positioning and securing of the crane;
- You record all work done in accordance with applicable procedures and work instructions. You report any deviations accurately;
- You work with supervisors and work planners to solve problems and improve lifting activities and processes; You carefully prepare all work and carry it out in accordance with all safety-related standards, laws, procedures, instructions and awareness. In addition, you challenge others about unsafe situations and report situations that limit or prevent performance of the work.
Wondering if you could come and make it with us?
- In possession of a TCVT certificate W406 Mobile Tower Crane;
- Practical and punctual;
- A team player with a proactive and result-driven attitude;
- Customer oriented;
- Safety-conscious and familiar with safety regulations.
- MBO level of professional and intellectual ability;
- "VeiligHijsen" safe lifting training;
- Required lift certificates related to the equipment used;
- VCA basics certificate;
- A great sense of responsibility;
- Affinity with lifting large offshore components;
- Ample experience as a Crane Driver, or you are a starting Crane Driver with the right attitude and willingness to learn.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the world's largest Tub Mounted Cranes (2 x 10,000mt) we produced for Heerema.So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Mechanical Fitter by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.