Are you ready to shape Huisman's global IT transition? Can you turn possibilities into realities? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. As our IT colleague you'll work in small, dedicated teams to empower our global offices and production facilities, ensuring your efforts have a direct and meaningful impact. Find out more about our vacancy for Junior Functional Application Manager.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Junior Functional Application Engineer (ESM & Collaboration)
Vacancy: Junior Functional Application Manager who is ‘equipped for impact’
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest onshore and offshore installations. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of energy transition.
“Lifting IT at Huisman to the next level; that’s our common goal!”
Carlo van der Stoep, Group IT Director
About the position of Junior Functional Application Manager
What to expect of the Junior Functional Application Manager position within Huisman?
The Functional Application Manager is part of the ESM & Collaboration Team, responsible for the complete product life cycle of the ITSM tool (BMC), functional management of Teams and SharePoint and other collaboration applications used within Huisman global.
The team knows the business processes, the organization, and the applications based on which we deliver first class support, business analyses, change management and vendor management. Currently the ESM & Collaboration team is heavily involved in rolling out the new Teams & SharePoint environment globally. The ideal candidate has experience as a functional application manager within the ESM & Collaboration domain and industrial manufacturing.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
- Fast and effective 2nd line incident resolution using our BMC ITSM tool
- Working together with other IT teams and business key users to resolve the more complex issues.
- Timely delivery of service requests
- Functional requirements analysis
- Test activities as part of changes and projects
- Ensure application documentation is up-to-date and available for both IT and business users
- Support the continuous improvement of the ESM & Collaboration software from a functional application management perspective.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- client and result focussed;
- adaptive to changing environments;
- an easy communicator on different organisational levels;
- team-oriented, have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and self-motivated;
- identify opportunities to continuously improve the quality of our services towards our Huisman global colleagues;
- as a junior, keen on learning fast and grow into the more senior roles in the team;
- able to combines general business understanding with a broad knowledge of IT.
- a bachelor (HBO) degree or equivalent ability;
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in a global business environment;
- experience in the functional management of ITSM, Teams/SharePoint and other applications;
- strong experience in a customer driven (IT) support environment;
- experience with ITIL;
- a proven ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve application issues in a 2nd line role;
- strong customer relationship skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written;
- experience with providing end-user training and knowledge transfer with direct colleagues;
- the ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and/or sudden increase of workloads;
- relevant experience with vendor management;
- no problem with flexible working hours; occasional work during evenings or weekends should be expected.
- no problem with occasional travel.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- A good command of the Dutch and English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Monopile Gripper we developed together with one of our clients. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Junior Functional Application Manager by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.