Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for HR Officer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Vacancy: HR Officer who is ‘equipped for impact’
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest onshore and offshore installations. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of energy transition.
"Our impact? Always coming up with innovative solutions."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of HR Officer
What to expect of the HR Officer position within Huisman?
Huisman’s HR Officer is part of the HR’s Support Discipline, the backbone of the HR department. You will be responsible for supporting the HR department and carrying out, managing and optimising the HR process-related administration. You work in a team with two HR Officers and have a lot of contact with Huisman Schiedam employees.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
In this role you are responsible, among other things, for carrying out the operational HR processes with regard to new employees, contract terminations, contract extensions, parental leave, etc.
- Functional manager of the HR application AFAS.
- Questions come in from employees, managers and external parties through various channels, including an HR ticket system, Teams and the mailbox.
- You are the HR department’s first point of contact for employees regarding HR procedures and terms and conditions of employment.
- You are responsible for the HR administration regarding inflow, promotions, outflow and all payroll changes.
- Drawing up, managing and archiving HR documents and personnel files is part of your work.
- You provide information to managers and employees and ensure that HR documentation is in order for audits (ISO, OHSAS, API).
- You take part in or manage scheduled HR projects, such as updating templates/workflows, annual general salary increases, and work together with other departments within the organisation on various projects for, among other things, process optimisation.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- accurate and service-minded;
- available at least 32 hours per week, presence on Wednesdays and Fridays is an advantage;
- someone who can prioritise well;
- someone who can quickly switch between different processes/activities;
- immune to stress;
- someone who really takes the time to listen to the demand from the business community;
- a completed relevant higher professional education;
- at least 5 years of experience in a supporting role within an HR department;
- knowledge of and experience with the HR application AFAS is an advantage;
- knowledge of and experience with process design in HR Systems;
- experience with project-based operations;
- an open personality and you thrive in a Rotterdam working atmosphere.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Motion Compensated Platform we developed to support the construction of offshore wind farms. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- Excellent employee benefits package tailored to experience and education level.
- A multicultural working environment.
- Various career and development opportunities.
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short lines of communication.
- Working together in an exciting and energetic team.
- Working from home (a maximum of 2 days per week in the case of full-time employment (after the training period)) is possible.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of HR Officer by using the application form at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.