- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Mechanical Engineer, Rotterdam, Nederland
Vacancy: Mechanical Engineer who is equipped for impact
Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Mechanical Engineer.
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
In these times of transition, our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities make us equipped for impact.
About the position of Mechanical Engineer
What to expect of the ‘Mechanical Engineer’ position within Huisman? We offer of a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. As Mechanical Engineer you often work in a multidisciplinary project team in which you are responsible for the mechanical part of the design.. The projects of Huisman are large and complex and can amount to more than fifty million euros. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
Do you want to be part of a world-wide-operating team of innovators? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with Yes? Please keep reading.
“The fact that it has never been done before, makes it extra special”
Robin van Boven, Principal Engineer
What do we expect of you?
As a Mechanical Engineer you contribute to potential project innovations and you make a proactive contribution to the further development of our Engineering capabilities.
This means that you are responsible for:
- Modelling and calculating mechanical designs for heavy (offshore) systems;
- Drafting System-, Basic and Detail Designs;
- Determining purchase specifications with focus on long lead items;;
- Designing with a focus on: use of material, size/weight, malleability and service accessibility;
- Performing detail calculations for the optimisation of the design.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Proactive and familiar with new developments within your expertise;
- An excellent communicator;
- A team player, you enjoy working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams and have the ability to work independently;
- Flexible and creative;
- Client oriented and focused;
- Practical, accurate and punctual.
- A Master's degree in Engineering;
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer within the (heavy) mechanical engineering, offshore/maritime sector or steel construction;
- Great affinity with or interest in complex mechatronic systems;
- The ability to adapt quickly to new requirements and know how to prioritize.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- A EU passport / valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition and a good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirt, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? What to think of the Monopile Gripper which we developed together with one of our clients? So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Mechanical Engineer by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to learn what kind of impact you will make!
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or explore other career opportunities at www.huismanequipment.com/ careers.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.