Do you want to be part of a globally operating team of innovators? Do you want to contribute to the energy transition? Do you also think bigger than big? And, do you have what it takes to make an impact? Then we might be looking for you. Find out more about our vacancy for Control Systems Engineer.
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Control Systems Engineer, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Vacancy: Control Systems Engineer who is equipped for impact
About our organisation
We are Huisman. We develop step changing technical solutions and translate these into the design and construction of the largest construction equipment. For decades, we have been working all over the world for offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil industries.
With our passionate workforce and worldwide production, service & sales facilities we are equipped for impact in these times of transition.
"In times of transition, Huisman quickly adapts and comes up with new solutions. That’s why we are ahead of the competition."
Charlotte Roodenburg, Manager New Build Sales
About the position of Control Systems Engineer
What to expect of the 'Control Systems Engineer' position within Huisman? We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key You have the opportunity to develop innovative technologies and for instance contribute to exciting renewable projects. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turn-key products to our clients. The delivery can be anywhere in the world. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As a Control Systems Engineer, you are responsible for the Control Systems and Human Machine interfacing of our equipment.
Your work consists of:
- The design, development, testing and commissioning of control software for Huisman products;
- Selecting suitable hardware in collaboration with engineers of other disciplines;
- Assisting our Global Services business line with problems that arise while the product is in use by our clients;
- Carrying out checks on the work of your Control Systems Engineer colleagues;
- Participating in the system design of Huisman products;
- The design of complex control systems according to order specifications and Huisman design standards;
- Contributing to Huisman Control System architecture and standards.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Flexible and creative;
- Client-oriented and focused;
- Proactive and persuasive;
- Practical and punctual;
- A result driven team player;
- Willing to travel aboard;
- Not afraid to bear responsibility.
- Knowledge of or experience with control system design and implementation using PLC’s and SCADA;
- Knowledge in or work experience with software writing or design.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language orally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider this 3D printed crane hook. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- A multicultural work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Control Systems Engineer by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.