Think big. Make big. In our production hall in Schiedam, we build the world's largest and heaviest cranes and the latest offshore wind equipment. How about a crane that is more than 150 metres high? That is almost as high as the Euromast in Rotterdam. Are you the skilled craftsman or woman who wants a job where no two days are the same? Great! Because we are looking for a CNC Milling Operator!
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
CNC Milling Operator
Vacancy: CNC Boring/Milling Operator who will come and make it with us!
About our organisation
We design, build and maintain the world's largest and heaviest equipment. We belong to the best in the world. Just like our customers. They are global players in the offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil sectors. What else makes working at Huisman so special? Much of what we do has never been built before. That makes it special!
"Sweet talk doesn’t do the work of lifting ten thousand tons up in the air."
Korneel van der Meer, Product Manager
About the position of CNC Boring/Milling Operator
We offer a challenging position in an international organisation where innovation, quality, flexibility and creativity are key. You have the opportunity to develop innovative technologies and for instance contribute to exciting renewable projects. The complete design and production are done in-house and we deliver turn-key products to our clients worldwide. Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
As CNC Boring/Milling Operator, you will produce large items including swing bearings of up to 7 metres in diameter. As exciting as that sounds, perhaps you would like to work on an even bigger project? Then how about a bearings section of up to 30 metres in diameter?
As an old hand in the business, you will be working with a small team where you will be contributing a whole lot of experience. Together you will take on the challenge of delivering engineered components for Huisman's ever-expanding systems on time and to the highest standard.
Your work consists of:
- Analysing work assignments and, through proper preparation, ensuring that all machining activities are efficient and effective;
- Doing milling and boring work according to Huisman's safety and quality standards;
- Carrying out minor interim maintenance on the machines so that they can be used at the right time in the production process;
- Keeping your knowledge of and experience with production techniques up to date and developing them further;
- Motivating and training the junior and medium-level milling operators.
Wondering if you are ‘equipped for impact?
- Flexible and creative;
- Practical and punctual;
- A results driven team player;
- Not afraid to bear responsibility.
- Experience with working on large pieces of metal;
- Sound knowledge of materials and tools;
- Experience with Heidenhain machines and Siemens controls.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for The Netherlands;
- A practical disposition;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Consider the Monopile Gripper we developed together with one of our clients? So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of CNC Boring/Milling Operator by using the apply button at the top of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.