Think big. Make big. In our production hall in Schiedam, we build the world's largest and heaviest cranes and the latest offshore wind equipment. How about a crane that is more than 150 metres high? That is almost as high as the Euromast in Rotterdam. Are you the skilled craftsman or woman who wants a job where no two days are the same? Great! Because we are looking for a Plating Foreman!
- Vacancy open
- Phase 1 Interviews
- Phase 2 Interviews
- Evaluating candidates
- Job offer sent
- Candidate hired!
Are you the Foreman Plating who will come and make it with us!
About our organisation
We design, build and maintain the world's largest and heaviest equipment. We belong to the best in the world. Just like our customers. They are global players in the offshore wind, geothermal, oil & gas, leisure and civil sectors. What else makes working at Huisman so special? Much of what we do has never been built before. That makes it special!
"Nothing is too crazy. You name it, we make it."
Arnold van der Linde, Tender & Concepts Engineer
About the position of Plating Foreman
As a Plating Foreman, you will be responsible for coordinating and managing sheet metal and construction work in our production team. You will ensure that work is performed efficiently and to the highest quality standards. You will lead a team of Platings and work closely with other departments to successfully complete projects.
Personal development and education opportunities are part of the deal. We would also like to point out the other advantages of working at Huisman, such as the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking innovations, an excellent employment conditions package and regular drinks in our own bar.
What do we expect of you?
Your will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and managing sheet metal and construction work, including scheduling and assigning tasks to the team;
- Ensuring efficient and correct performance of the work;
- Monitoring progress and deadlines and making adjustments as needed;
- Quality control of work according to applicable standards and specifications;
- Resolving technical issues and providing support to the team;
- Maintaining a safe work environment and complying with all safety regulations through toolbox meetings;
- Managing and motivating the team. You contribute to a positive working atmosphere and encourage team members to deliver their best performance. You provide support and guidance where necessary;
- Reporting to the Supervisor on the progress of projects, any bottlenecks and possible improvements. You communicate effectively and contribute to achieving the project goals;
- You contribute to the continuous improvement of work processes and identifying efficiency improvements within the team. You proactively think about possible optimisations and implement improvements where possible.
Wondering if you are 'equipped for impact'?
- Practical and punctual;
- A good communicator;
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications;
- Able to manage, motivate and supervise a team of Platings;
- Able to work well with colleagues and other departments within the organisation;
- In possession of relevant safety certificates, such as VCA VOL certificate;
- A team player with a proactive and results-oriented attitude;
- Safety-conscious and familiar with safety regulations.
- Completed all-round Plating training at senior secondary vocational education level 3 BBL+ or similar technical training;
- Extensive experience in sheet metal and construction work in heavy steel construction, preferably in a managerial role;
- Extensive knowledge of sheet metal and construction techniques, materials and tools;
- An understanding of technical drawings and specifications;
- The ability to monitor the quality of sheet metal and construction work and to ensure that it meets applicable standards and specifications;
- The ability to identify, analyse and solve technical problems during the sheet metal process;
- The ability to plan work efficiently, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- Good leadership and communication skills.
Some practical things we need you to have:
- An EU passport/valid work permit for the Netherlands;
- A good command of the English language verbally and in writing.
More about Huisman
We design and produce in-house and deliver our turn-key products to clients worldwide. Our clients choose us for our entrepreneurial spirit, skills, reliability, and innovative solutions. Examples? Check out this 3D printed crane hook. So, if you join Huisman make sure you are equipped for impact. In other words, surprise us, our clients and… yourself!
What do we have to offer?
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An international work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
Does this sound like you?
Apply online for the position of Plating Foreman by using the apply button at the bottom of this page. We are curious to see what kind of impact you will make.
Still need a bit more info or looking for something that suits you better?
Please contact us via our contact form for more information or sign up for our job alert to receive details of new opportunities in your inbox.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies:
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Huisman. Applications received are property of Huisman. We don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Huisman colleagues or associated Huisman companies.